Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: originality

Ultimate Freak

Default originality

hey Jimmy ruskin when you had the brilliant idea for your 2009 record "the outsider" did it ever occur to you to google and see that it had not already been done?

http://www.discogs.com/Gunjack-The-O...release/243703

when i made "The Outisder" in -------2004--------

i DID google the bloody ep name and make sure no one in the techno world had tread that ground first....

so cheers for that!!! ...just goes to show that after all your snobby, elitist bullshit, you're still an unoriginal cunt.

GJ

BOA Lifetime Member

who is jimmy ruskin dude?

Ultimate Freak

indeed.

It is inevitable.

Care to ellaborate on the Rant, Mr. Gibb?

Edit: Don't. The negativity isn't worth the selatious bullshit.
    Last edited by DannyBlack; 10-10-2009 at 08:21 PM.
    Bás Ar An Impireacht

BOA Lifetime Member

pathetic thread.
    Techno is a journey, not a race!

http://soundcloud.com/force

It is inevitable.

Indeed.

I just noticed there too, PunJack- DJ Shadow released an album under that name too in 2006. What a dick, right?
    Bás Ar An Impireacht

Ultimate Freak

yea, it's GIBBS not GIBB. also DJ shadow the outsider is great! but hardly has anything to do with techno.

anyway the sincerest form of flattery and all that....

It is inevitable.

Oh aye, there's a couple of you alright.

So is DJ Shadow paying homage to you? I always thought you were kind of immitating him, but in a more Technoesque fashion.
    Bás Ar An Impireacht

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by force View Post
    pathetic thread.

no. what is pathetic is some cunt who puts a name on an EP without googling it first... and if he did google it first he is an even BIGGER cunt.

It is inevitable.

Why does it make him a cunt though? Because he has the same named EP as you? Perhaps he is going through something that is making him feel like an outsider, he needs to vent his demons. That's not a bad thing. Christ mate, you do it enough!

Seriously though, reel it in a bit eh? If you have nothing of substance to say, say nothing.
    Bás Ar An Impireacht

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by DannyBlack View Post
    Oh aye, there's a couple of you alright.

So is DJ Shadow paying homage to you? I always thought you were kind of immitating him, but in a more Technoesque fashion.
    like i said, dj shadow is a whole other ballgame he came first in ANOTHER genre, i mean there are books etc by the same title too! that is not the point, the point in my mind is that it is all right to adapt ideas as long as you turn them into something they were not, i/e taking a concept that may have already been used in another context and adapting it to your own... for example, if some dude makes "a murder of crows" ep on some hip hop or rock and roll shit, i wouldn't say a F4cking word, but when somebody decides, hey, i am gonna do a techno record called "the outsider" then yea i get miffed, because that was my idea and i did it and it was well recieved and sold well, so why do i deserve some elitist cunt like jimmy ruskin trying to pretend it never happened? the least he could do would be to do his homework and respect EXISTING PROJECTS.

Ultimate Freak

Why does it make him a cunt though? Because he has the same named EP as you? Perhaps he is going through something that is making him feel like an outsider, he needs to vent his demons.

mate, i don't care if he feels like an outsider or not, the fact is that every other artist i know GOOGLES PROSPECTIVE EP NAMES TO SEE IF THEY EXIST, BEFORE USING THEM OFFICIALLY, why should james be any different? it's pretty shameless if you ask me. i would never put out an album called "into submission" or "the divide"...

more pretending gunjack doesn't exist from some cunt who never once gave credit where it was due. tony surgeon wouldn't have done this. jeff mills. dave clarke. oli ho. these are respectful artists with an interest in originality. james ruskin is just an opportunist and a snyde cunt to boot.

It is inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by gunjack View Post
    mate, i don't care if he feels like an outsider or not, the fact is that every other artist i know GOOGLES PROSPECTIVE EP NAMES TO SEE IF THEY EXIST, BEFORE USING THEM OFFICIALLY, why should james be any different? it's pretty shameless if you ask me. i would never put out an album called "into submission" or "the divide"...

more pretending gunjack doesn't exist from some cunt who never once gave credit where it was due. tony surgeon wouldn't have done this. jeff mills. dave clarke. oli ho. these are respectful artists with an interest in originality. james ruskin is just an opportunist and a snyde cunt to boot.
    I undertand where you're coming from- however, I don't get the aggression. Surely it makes him a bit of a dope for not checking? It doesn't warrant this level spurious bile toward him. Personally, I have never listened to anything by him and don't know what he's about. But im pretty sure the music would be entirely different to what you put out on "the outsider".
    Bás Ar An Impireacht

BOA Lifetime Member

I undertand where you're coming from- however, I don't get the aggression. Surely it makes him a bit of a dope for not checking? It doesn't warrant this level spurious bile toward him. Personally, I have never listened to anything by him and don't know what he's about. But im pretty sure the music would be entirely different to what you put out on "the outsider".
    your into techno and have never listened to any ruskin tracks?!?!?!?!? your in for a treat when you do.

dont understand your rage gunjack. its only a name, its not as if hes stealed that actual tune.

Junior Freak

it's pretty shameless if you ask me.
    Shameless or shameful?

*Confused*

And besides, different genre or not, Shadow claimed the name first (i guess) so it's still not an original name for an EP, whatever rules you want to attach is just moving goal posts to suit your own intentions (imo)

Ultimate Freak

shameless as in he has no shame, or should be ashamed but is not... u dig???

and rage it isn't, but it's no secret there is no love lost between james and i...

TBH "the outsider" (my one) was called that BECAUSE of Jimmy ruskin, karl regis and those cunts being so snobby and elitist! so yea i dunno it just kinda grates on my nerves when you get this fool coming out with a ****ing PAS remix of all things, of a song with a title which i feel was VERY identifiably GUNJACK... i mean i remember UMEK, VARELLA, SHUFFLEMASTER, PEPO, RUSH, JEFF etc all giving me love for the originality of the artwork (by japanese pop artist shinrock) and original hybrid sound of that record... so yea it sucks to have the snyde techolite crowd like ruskin and them pretend your shit never happened

BOA Lifetime Member

Damn, so i cant call my next release The murder of Crws then.
    BALLS!

The murder of ducks it is then.

Just another 'look at me' thread
    Techno is a journey, not a race!

http://soundcloud.com/force

It is inevitable.

Man, God is gonna be pissed at me for my track. I stole the name of one of the 4 horsemen...
    Bás Ar An Impireacht

BOA Lifetime Member

Personally, I have never listened to anything by him and don't know what he's about.

cough splutter wtf?

love gunjak love ruskin, im just here for shits n giggles

Supreme Freak

Does someone need a hug?

Seriously, in the grand scheme of things, this is so unimportant as to be completely not worth the electricity I am using to reply to it.

Solution? Get more creative with EP names. Makes it harder to run into duplicates.

The Outsider? NAAAAY. The One Who Is Not On The Inside. See? More words, same meaning, harder to accidentally duplicate, and you can sound all artsy techno in the process.

Either that or you can have a beer and chill the **** out. Either works.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast