Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: About Subbass?

BOA Lifetime Member

. ... everytime I hear a certain remix I did I always feel like .... ;)

Z
    Djax-Up Beats rec, Minimalistix Rec, Holtzplatten Rec, Invasion Rec, Fined Rec., bla bla bla

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Ze MigL
    . ... everytime I hear a certain remix I did I always feel like .... ;)

Z
    Yeah I know the one mate!

(just kidding) ;)

BOA Lifetime Member

u wan*er :P eheheh ;)

Z
    Djax-Up Beats rec, Minimalistix Rec, Holtzplatten Rec, Invasion Rec, Fined Rec., bla bla bla

Ultimate Freak

I use the **** out of maxxbass. So you say its cool to do a slight cut below 40hz? I always cut below 20hz and above 17,000 but never knew about stuff below 40ish.

BOA Lifetime Member

if u wanna play it safe keep it bellow 32 khz... but remember use a low shelf cut don't use a hpf! ;) ... btw cubase eq is preatty helpless 4 this ... use waves linear phase eq! ;)

Z

BOA Lifetime Member

PS - i'm not so sure cutting above 18khz is a good thing....

Basil please enligthen us please :love:

Z

Supreme Freak

I wouldn't ... it's already cut at 22 something anyway 'cause of the nyquest frequency thing or something so I don't see what cutting at 18k gives you really apart from a duller track?

BOA Lifetime Member

I guess it's on the account that 90% (if not more) have very little perception above 15-16 Khz, but I am with ya... I've always heard people say that if u r gonna go 2 vinyl then u should master/ produce at 48 Khz! So that would bring the Nyquist around 48 Khz... but has there are no perfect filters, it might have some dumping down to something like almost 20 Khz.. so it is considered 2 b almost perfect!

I can understand that cutting a bit on the sub 50 can have very apparent results but I can't really imagine/ hear any results 2 the cutting u'r doing dustin! ?

Is there any particular reason/ advantage that some1 explained 2 ya about this.

Z

Ultimate Freak

Not entirely, I've just heard from a few different sources to cut above the 17,000hz range as well. Maybe it's time for me to call up the mastering plant and see what the truth is. :)

Thanks for your help.

It's weird though, when I do cut everything below 22hz in my tracks (in real time) it drastically changes the whole groove of the track...maybe my compression and limiting are set up funny. So I usually just do it afterwords.

BOA Lifetime Member

U have 2 take into account the intermodular relationship of freq. and internal micro-dynamics m8.

Remeber that when u cut the bass in a track u ain't just taming the bass u are also "adding highs and mid-range", or at least that's how our ears take it...

Z

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12