Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.

Threaded View

Junior Freak

Default Entire Paul Birken vinyl back catalog is available for free off DAT masters

Greetings from Minneapolis on a rainy fall night.

I wanted to put up a note that I'm going through the DAT masters I'd found (that still worked) and transferring up the back catalog of tracks from vinyl releases over the years for you to have digitally at full resolution, for free, if interested.

There are a number of cassette tapes from the early 1990's that have been transferred before I had a DAT and before any releases were created for labels. Some funny stuff when I go back and listen to it now.

There will be a grouping of releases added that were never available on vinyl as well, but I want to work through making sure I've found everything that people have been trying to track down first.

One note about Bandcamp, they've capped the free downloads now at a couple hundred each month (streaming will continue unlimited so you can listen to all tracks in full), but for $9 I can buy additional sets of 200 so if people are leaving coin for any tracks they will be using, it will just go back into keeping more stuff available for others. Please don't feel like you are obligated to leave anything, I just wanted to make you aware, if it tries to prompt for a minimum amount, then the thresholds been met and it may be another few days until it resets for the freebies.

Enjoy and thank you for supporting the music over the years with the records you have purchased and played.

Paul Birken
    Last edited by thetonewrecka; 24-09-2010 at 01:56 AM.
    the end is upon us.