Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
    Junior Freak

Default Entire Paul Birken vinyl back catalog is available for free off DAT masters

Greetings from Minneapolis on a rainy fall night.

I wanted to put up a note that I'm going through the DAT masters I'd found (that still worked) and transferring up the back catalog of tracks from vinyl releases over the years for you to have digitally at full resolution, for free, if interested.

There are a number of cassette tapes from the early 1990's that have been transferred before I had a DAT and before any releases were created for labels. Some funny stuff when I go back and listen to it now.

There will be a grouping of releases added that were never available on vinyl as well, but I want to work through making sure I've found everything that people have been trying to track down first.

One note about Bandcamp, they've capped the free downloads now at a couple hundred each month (streaming will continue unlimited so you can listen to all tracks in full), but for $9 I can buy additional sets of 200 so if people are leaving coin for any tracks they will be using, it will just go back into keeping more stuff available for others. Please don't feel like you are obligated to leave anything, I just wanted to make you aware, if it tries to prompt for a minimum amount, then the thresholds been met and it may be another few days until it resets for the freebies.

Enjoy and thank you for supporting the music over the years with the records you have purchased and played.

Paul Birken
    Last edited by thetonewrecka; 24-09-2010 at 01:56 AM.
    the end is upon us.

Junior Freak

Whoops..sorry if this should be under "Releases".
    the end is upon us.

It is inevitable.

Either one. I think it will be better seen in releases so I will move it. If any one objects let me know and i will move it back.

this is very kind of you mate :-)
    Bás Ar An Impireacht

Supreme Freak

Thank you so much for this

Will be having all of these and donating

Forgot how good the old communique and drop bass stuff was compared with todays polite and polished techno

More producers should do this with their old masters, some of these vinyls are worth £50 each these days and youre just giving them away

Legend, thanks again

Junior Freak

Thanks to the couple people who've dropped a few coins in the bucket. I've reloaded the download credits to keep it going. More releases will be added after the weekend (I've got a show to program for the next couple days.)
    Onwards and upwards.
    the end is upon us.


    *looks at ceiling* Shit,I really don't know!!

Holy shit! Nice one

Supreme Freak

I must be missing something

Where on the page can I donate?

Junior Freak

Oh..I set them all to free since the credits got set high again. I suppose I should set them back to $0.00 and then it will allow people to pay a higher amount if they'd like. It'll be updated after the weekend. I should have tested one before changing them. Whoops!
    the end is upon us.

BOA Lifetime Member

Thanks a lot for this Paul!

Junior Freak

@Morbid..I created a single loop to accept donations under. I'll update the remaining couple to be free and that should simplify having to go back and forth on tracks going forward.
    Thanks in advance!

try this.
    Thank you for supporting my music - donate here. | Paul Birken
    the end is upon us.

Junior Freak

Another group of releases are up and I've started adding some unreleased house music I wrote from 1996-1999 that was transferred off the old DATs finally.

Paul Birken
    the end is upon us.