Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ATOMIC JAM

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by split
    Claude was booked to play at our first SPLIT party in August last year but due to personal reasons couldnt make it on the night.

Full details of the SPLIT vs ATOMIC JAM party on May 1st will be released next week, so you'll have to keep guessing till then...

Thanks for the interest, and see you at the Jam!
    I've been hearing, Rush and Dave Clarke are involved in proceedings :)

But I'll wait and see. Last time was ace, and I'll try and make it down for the AJ vs Split night.

BOA Lifetime Member

heard mr clarke also
    GREYGROUND

Junior Freak

Well, I've been to nearly all the Retroverts parties up to now , but doubt I'll be going to this one because of the venue...really didn't enjoy the last one at Turnmill's simply coz of all the non-techno slimey blokes n false girly's.. not my cuppa tea, would rather have Half a room full of genuine Techno heads than a club full of peole pretending to enjoy the music to get the oppisite sex's attention.. (the lad's probably didn't notice this!!!)

Wot was wrong with the SE1 club.??
    Shy Bairns get no Gravy..

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Subuteo
    Well, I've been to nearly all the Retroverts parties up to now , but doubt I'll be going to this one because of the venue...really didn't enjoy the last one at Turnmill's simply coz of all the non-techno slimey blokes n false girly's.. not my cuppa tea, would rather have Half a room full of genuine Techno heads than a club full of peole pretending to enjoy the music to get the oppisite sex's attention.. (the lad's probably didn't notice this!!!)

Wot was wrong with the SE1 club.??
    the SE1 club was the bollocks. one of the best venues ive ever visited. Turnmills is in a work "S H I T"!

i wanted to simply see what equipment oliver ho was using so i asked a lad at the front to let me see for 2 seconds b4 i danced again(the club was extremeley rammed) and he blindly told me no!(theres some techno spirit), i also found it very funny that he was wearing a Gatecrasher t-shirt
    GREYGROUND

BOA Lifetime Member

on a more possative note, all the negative points about the party have been noted and the organisers know of them, so i think they might change their mind about the venue.
    GREYGROUND

Junior Freak

I dont think they are going to change their mind about the venue, they have already said that this is the venue of choice for this year.

I thought it was alright, it was busy and I dont think they expected it to be that busy, and they have said that they are going to try and change things so that there is 50% over capacity like it was apparently last time.

I would never not go to a night just because of the venue its in, from the sounds of it any venue in london has a number of major problems. I thought turnmills was alright, i didnt have a problem with any of the staff and to be honest the only thing that annoyed me was the fact you could only see the top of the djs head from the floor.

I cant wait for the next one, couldnt give a shit who was on the line-up, i would pay to go and see Sims and Finke on their own!

Junior Freak

ooooooooo :O may have to methinks... sounds wicked!!!

Junior Freak

Not too long to go now, still need to get my ticket!:)
    \"Rave culture is rebellion at its fullest\"

Junior Freak

looking forward to this.
    \' Mad as a pan of crabs\'

Junior Freak

Just how good was James Ruskin?!!

Didn't think Claude Young was really on form to be honest. Some good tunes but dodgy mixing in places.

Anyone else care to comment?.........

Junior Freak

How were the 65D Mavericks??
    What was so good about Ruskin?

Junior Freak

Ruskins' tune selection was just awesome, really got the crowd going. I always enjoy his sets but he seemed to be on fire on Saturday. Have to say I hardly recognised anything he played though apart from 'Correction Centre' & his remix of Code Red 6. He also played a tune using Poindexters' 'Work that Muthaf**ker' (not KB1) sample that sounded pretty sweet.

65D Mavericks were good although didn't enjoy them quite as much as at HOG last year.

Claude Young was OK but didn't seem on form, he wasn't pulling off the tricks like I've seen him do before and in places it actually sounded messy! He dropped Step to Enchantment though so I can forgive him!

Junior Freak

All sounds pretty cool......cheers.

BOA Lifetime Member

Chris Liebing was absolute dogshit.

If you thought claude youngs mixing was bad,did you hear liebings 1st hour?? all over the shop,that remix hes done of DK is crap aswell.

Full marks to James Ruskin,he was absolutely brilliant. Never lets ya down. :lol:
    \"if you don\'t explode a few heads every night, then you\'re not doing your job\" R.Hawtin IDJ 2001

Junior Freak

Didn't stick around to hear Liebing cos I've seen him before unfortunately!

There was no need for him to even be playing to be fair. I mean, there was already three quality acts on the bill. Why not have given Ruskin & Young an extra 1/2 hour each?

Anyway, best Jam I've been to in a while. Crowd were up for it, Sanctuary seems a worthy successor to the Que.

BOA Lifetime Member

Sounds wicked, next split looks good
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.
    Does anyone have courage to stand apart any more?

myspace.com/dirtybassgrooves
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtybassvoidloss
    http://www.subgenius.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12