Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
    Junior Freak

Default A.Paul n public relations

I've found with alot of "big" producers, they do not like email or contact with the "public".

Is A. Paul the same way?

Thanks,

Adam
    My techno mix is posted somewhere

BOA Lifetime Member

Not at all, I've just wrote a 1000 word article on him for Core Magazine, and he's one of the most approachable I've found.
    Everybody is in the place....! letz go...

The Universe

True that, a normal chap.

Junior Freak

A.Paul is known to be very friendly

first time i speak with him i send him a message (at 3 AM) via myspace , in about 15 minutes or less he write me back to release one of my tracks on is label... just like that

Junior Freak

Most techno guys are nice people and tries their best to be public really.
    Theres exceptions of those popstar Techno idols though haha

Ultimate Freak

aye lets start a thread and name and shame the techno kunts ;)

Junior Freak

Default alrighty

ok. cool.

Ya, I've tried contacting "others" with no replies and it's lame..especially when i spend my life/income on them daily.

a

Junior Freak

It also depends on the approach. I, personally, dont reply when I get tons of "hi can you check my track out plz" and link to a soundcloud page with progressive house etc. And some people really have trouble with proper email writing and think that you're their possession to use when it fits themselves.
    Facebook is a perfect platform for public terror of that sort, I'm never online on that chat these days, it used pops up people every day with no greeting or anything just a "how do you make this and that sound". Stuff like that ticks people off. With that being said I personally try to be as public as possible even though I miss the good old days where I only was a black white photo with bad contour a name and music on some label sites.

The Universe

Exactly!

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias_Fridell View Post
    It also depends on the approach. I, personally, dont reply when I get tons of "hi can you check my track out plz" and link to a soundcloud page with progressive house etc. And some people really have trouble with proper email writing and think that you're their possession to use when it fits themselves.
    Facebook is a perfect platform for public terror of that sort, I'm never online on that chat these days, it used pops up people every day with no greeting or anything just a "how do you make this and that sound". Stuff like that ticks people off. With that being said I personally try to be as public as possible even though I miss the good old days where I only was a black white photo with bad contour a name and music on some label sites.
    well put!

BOA Newbie

A.Paul does reply very quickly to msgs as well. Amazing how quickly he did when he's such a busy guy!

BOA Lifetime Member

totally he's been round to my house a couple of times for a beer, and even shagged my missus.

i cant stop the eschaton

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by ethno View Post
    A.Paul does reply very quickly to msgs as well. Amazing how quickly he did when he's such a busy guy!
    exactly , he reply 3 or 4 diferent email boxs + myspace facebook in a question of minutes (at crazy times of day and night) always with is characteristic spirit "no problem , im here to help"

i cant comment about other DJ/Producers becouse the only one i ever send messages was A.Paul (he was my favourite DJ/Producer arround 1993 , i start to understand techno music watching him live and listen is tracks)
    Last edited by Elvio Neto; 11-12-2010 at 08:36 AM.

The Universe

Quote Originally Posted by DarkYoung View Post
    even shagged my missus.

The Demon Beast

With the information age, people are bound to want more from the artists they love.
    Mattias, you nailed it on the wall.
    It's the difference between seeing how people come with a genuine approach as opposed to those who just want to leech or benefit from their relationship with you.
    Wetworks
    Compound, Punish Blue, Mastertraxx

Junior Freak

thanks guys - this info helps!

Junior Freak

Paulo is a gent, really nice guy. Agree with Fridell though, nobody likes to be harassed. lol
    I aspire to be more creative then the common asshole.

Luke Creed - SoundCloud
    Luke Creed - Myspace
    Luke Creed - Facebook
    Inferno Magazine

http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/forum/signaturepics/sigpic9938_1.gif

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias_Fridell View Post
    This.

I definitely come from the punk rock school. I dig meeting people.

That said, it is amazing how many people lack even the slightest social graces when it comes to the internets.

Junior Freak

Well...as much reserved optimism as I had in people/artists/fame- it turned out to be quite an embarassing experience trying to contact him.

djveber@gmail.com

It is inevitable.

why's that, Veber?
    Bás Ar An Impireacht