Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    BOA Lifetime Member

Default Girls in techno...

I can't help notice that we're all blokes here - maybe I'm wrong and not that it matters. But techno DJing is mainly men too - strong female talent is on the scene but its not very often that you get a mixed line-up unless its a specific event. There seems to be a better representation in the house scene... but when you go out to techno there's lots of girls dancing and there's a few girls on squatjuice.

I dunno. I guess I was wondering which female DJs people had seen and what you lot thought...

Supreme Freak

ive never seen a female techno dj.....although I hear mistress barbara is quite good (not exactly BANGIN techno but...)
    im still waitin to the first lady of techno....miss chrissy whizz spinnin a set somewhere.......that would be GOOD! :lol:

Junior Freak

One of the best sets I heard last year was Gizelle. Rakkit always rocks as well...
    These go to eleven!!

Junior Freak

i saw magda warm up for richie hawtin once. Very nice minimal set, built up nicley for hawtin.
    I am the eggman

Ultimate Freak

As before Gizelle and Rakkit always rock, Louise Plus One can play some mean tunes and mix cool aswell and Bruiser can rock the techno beats n'all and Little Miss Large can cut it too! :love:

Theres plenty other, but aint heard em - YET!!!

Ultimate Freak

This thought has spent numerous hours inside my head aswell. It does not only have to do with techno though but everything that is totally nerdy..

How often do you see any female nerds (be it techno nerds, cpu nerds or whatever).

I think it has to do with the diversity of females contra the narrowness of males. It is so easy for us cocks to focus all of ourselves on one topic but girls (this is just a speculation) likes to focus on several things at once (not going all that bollocks about one thing).

There are a few hardcore grrls out there though.. Like e.g. Pelacha (www.pelacha.com) or Nika77 (www.nika77.com).

Ultimate Freak

its maybe a cultural thing - our culture is userdefined by males, through the male domination history, and females get it harder to adapt to them achines. this cultural level is ofcourse predefined by biological.
    mikaaa, you are crazy mika...pepito, mikito,pepito,pepito,pepito,culo,pepito.

Supreme Freak

lady dana is cool, real nice girl too

plays hardcore and techno

BOA Newbie

Harder to adapt to the machines? It looks like you might be the one having trouble there with your keyboard, you couldn't even type it out correctly, hmmm...
    There are plenty of us lurking about, you can check out our new all female booking agency at www.thevinylvixens.com, mixes will be posted soon, if I can figure out how to use the machines of course.....

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by djfurness
    ive never seen a female techno dj.....although I hear mistress barbara is quite good (not exactly BANGIN techno but...)
    im still waitin to the first lady of techno....miss chrissy whizz spinnin a set somewhere.......that would be GOOD! :lol:
    Barbara is really good....

Ultimate Freak

blah i wasnt tallking about you specifacly, neither i have said that i am better then all the females in the world.
    it is a fact that that male and female brains are different.
    i noticed that female do not accept technology as fast as males do.

ofcourse you saw my post as a personal attack on you.

Junior Freak

Hello, ;)

Try to know more about 2 brazilian djs.

Ana its a brilhant dj and spin with David, togheter they are PETDUO.

Check this 4 decks and 2 mixers set recorded live at a party : http://www.technopride.net/djsets/PETDUO_(4DECKS)@ClubMangaRosa-TechnoPride_Party01-30.09.03.mp3

And this is only Ana , its an old set , but it's ****ing good:
    http://www.rraurl.com/sets2/petduo_ana_01.mp3

Now if u liked the couple PETDUO u must know another amazing couple from brazil ... Eto and Gab. They can play togheter like PETDUO.

This mix was record at my studio: http://www.rraurl.com/sets2/gab_02.mp3

Check this other mix too:
    http://www.technopride.net/djsets/djgab_dez2003.mp3

For more info and dj Eto mix too check this url: http://www.technopride.net/djs/etoegab.htm (sorry but its in portuguese, i need do a english version of my website)

Please post your comments ok?
    Thanks!

Cheers. :dontevengothere:

Junior Freak

For PetDuo information and set try this:

http://www.technopride.net/djs/petduo.htm

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by sarahfab
    There are plenty of us lurking about, you can check out our new all female booking agency at www.thevinylvixens.com, mixes will be posted soon, if I can figure out how to use the machines of course.....
    You are referring to yourselves as 'Vixens'?... How charmingly chauvinistic.

Ultimate Freak

And also the whole concept of having an all female dj crew only enhances the already existing gender gap.

I am really upset with this.

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by sarahfab
    Harder to adapt to the machines? It looks like you might be the one having trouble there with your keyboard, you couldn't even type it out correctly, hmmm...
    and its an exclusive female club? hehe thats chauvinistic aswell. i dont give a **** whether you have a cock or a vagina or both, as long as you deliver me proper stuff. show me yours and i ll show you mine (unless ofcourse if you make funky techno).

BOA Newbie

Actually I thought the post was funny.... I think your second one is as well, I need a good laugh this early in the morning here in lost wages....

Ultimate Freak

you are a chauvinist. your club discriminates males.

BOA Newbie

you can join if you like, but we might make you wear a skirt, but the first requirement must be that you can play banging techno, then the skirt :lol:

PS we also have a non chauvenistic site at www.stayupforever.com with both girls and boys

Ultimate Freak

...show me your stuff unless it is funky techno or hardhouse masked under the name of hardtechno. :D

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast