Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.

Thread: soundforge

Supreme Freak

Default soundforge

When recording into this program from your decks what are the things to do to get the best quality recording? cause i've allways got to much of something or to little i.e base/treble Help us out PEOPLE !

90's Trance head

there was a post on this somewere but i cand find the bloody thing
    Sequence is coming. It's going throughout your imagination. It takes you where you've been before. A higher state of mind. Yeah, you remember the early times. Now were trying to take you again. In the deepest seas of your consciousness.....Time never stops

Supreme Freak

ok m8,ill look for it, I new you'd be the one to reply to this !

BOA Newbie

when im doing this i always find it easier to try and sort out the e.q.'s on the mixer rather than the computer
    i make loads of test recordings first and just go from there
    not a lot of help i know mate but there we are!!!!

Supreme Freak

when i record into my pc with the base up its sounds distorted on playback,if i turn the base down it sounds to trebley on playback. cant win.

Junior Freak
    moving through space at 66,700 miles per hour just like the rest of you!!

i`d say do the mix with a nice straight as ya can eq on your mixer (dont override the signal) then maybe chuck the recording through some pluggin mastering tools ... compress it and eq with the pluggins?
    you can never step in the same river twice!!

90's Trance head

i cant for the life of me remember were that other post was, it was called getting the most out of soundforge or something and possibly started by K front, i will return with it if it kills me :lol:
    Sequence is coming. It's going throughout your imagination. It takes you where you've been before. A higher state of mind. Yeah, you remember the early times. Now were trying to take you again. In the deepest seas of your consciousness.....Time never stops

90's Trance head

AHA! wasnt called what i thought at all :lol: but here it is, should be some help hopefully :)

http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/phpBB...ic.php?t=12573

Supreme Freak

nice one.

Supreme Freak

yeah just leave all your eq's flat and dont let it clip karl mate :) then afterwards just normalize it and maximise it... (Waves L2)

Carefull with compressing it just coz most of the tracks have already been compressed to **** when put on vinyl:)
    high fish | future sound

BOA Lifetime Member

Default Re: soundforge

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Pearcey
    When recording into this program from your decks what are the things to do to get the best quality recording? cause i've allways got to much of something or to little i.e base/treble Help us out PEOPLE !
    I just play with the master output on the mixer until the bars on the program are always in the green even with the bass right up. Then you can play with eq'ing all u want whilst doin the mix while retaining perfect quality ;)

Junior Freak

what you could do get the noise reduction dll that should help if you get some noise in the background and also loudness maximiser
    hope i've helped out a bit
    www.naked-flame-productions.tk
    www.kronicfm.tk

Junior Freak

http://www.kjaerhusaudio.com/classic-series.php - tasty free VST VST limiter. :D

It is VST though, so sound forge may not pick it up ;)

There are some free bits of software for converting between the protocols though...