Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
    Ultimate Freak

Default Advice on AMP's and Speakers!

Ok... I'm looking to spend around £200 in total on a AMP and some speakers (can buy one now and one later if they speakers are expensive!)

I'm looking for recommendations from you lot on a amp with some details on why you recommend it and the same for a set of speakers please!

I need to use them for mixing in the bedroom and more importantly monitoring for production (which I appreciated you need a lot better but I have to make do!)

Hope one of you can help.
    Follow your music with heart and you can never go wrong...

Keepin' it Unreal

Personaly mate, i would get some Alesis M1's. You can pick em up for about £250 nowerdays, and their active aswell.

90's Trance head

yeah i use m1's for production and theyve been great so far, i used them for a mix once aswell and they were great. as long as your not pumping them out at club monitoring volumes i think theyed be fine for regular mixing use :)
    Sequence is coming. It's going throughout your imagination. It takes you where you've been before. A higher state of mind. Yeah, you remember the early times. Now were trying to take you again. In the deepest seas of your consciousness.....Time never stops

acieeeeeeeeeeeeed

alesis one get my vote also, i wouldnt recommend using them for anything other than production though.
    Life is "trying things to see if they work"

Finally getting around to updating my site
    http://www.plus27design.co.uk/

Dave knows scooter lyrics

90's Trance head

Quote Originally Posted by dan the acid man
    alesis one get my vote also, i wouldnt recommend using them for anything other than production though.
    mmm yeah perhaps using them for both production and mixing might compremise ther performance for the production side, if they can handle it though i think theyd make good monitors for homemixing as i found it a breeze to mix with them, really got a good sense of what you were altering with the eq aswell but yeah i can see it possibly damaging/over wearing them with heavy mixing duties.
    Sequence is coming. It's going throughout your imagination. It takes you where you've been before. A higher state of mind. Yeah, you remember the early times. Now were trying to take you again. In the deepest seas of your consciousness.....Time never stops

BOA Lifetime Member

oooh! makes this awkward. I want to switch between them both for mixing and monitoring... guess I may have to seperate that then.

I will check ou the products you have suggested though.
    (\\__/)
    (=\'.\'=)
    (\")_(\")