Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by deafmosaic
    easy! you've been on very good behaviour this week!! ;)
    "The Taoiseach's plans are a quick fix, not a long term solution" - DJ Sunil Sharpe

The Demon Beast

Quote Originally Posted by crime
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerOfSam
    Very Very True and I am not disagreeing with you but there are losses in the sense that I am talking about the lil guy. Who may have not been picked up by other distribs.
    the only way you'll end up with no distribution deal is if you were on a P+D deal (Press and distribution), which to be honest, is asking for trouble, you don't own your own label in real terms, and you have no option to take it to another distributor should the one you're dealing with go down.
    I've found, that when you're spending your own money on pressing records, you're a damn site more carefull on what you put out, and you'll have a bit more of a plan of what will sell and what won't..
    Sorry, but don't have much sympathy for people whinging that were on P+D deals, you stuck yourself in the fire, stick your money where your mouth is....
    Respected Point :!:
    Wetworks
    Compound, Punish Blue, Mastertraxx

Ultimate Freak

STOP SITTIN ABOUT DISSECTING IT & GO MAKE SUMTHIN NEW !

:lol:
    featured on VOICES Vol 1 - TEMPL8R.1 - V/A - AVAILABLE SEPT

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by perpetual
    STOP SITTIN ABOUT DISSECTING IT & GO MAKE SUMTHIN NEW !

Very true! Perhaps all the people producing new and interesting stuff have been sucked into arguing here rather than being in the studio ;)
    Vote techno party!

The Demon Beast

So the way to solve a problem is to ignore it and hope it fades away right? :roll:
    Wetworks

Junior Freak

*shrug*

Arguments here aren't going to change anything, people will produce what they like/think will sell/whatever and they're not going to read this thread and think "Fu*k! I'm destroying techno! I'd better change my style this instant."

I would imagine that most people that are into techno like what's currently being played. Some people will be looking for something different and there'll always be people pushing boundaries and putting new stuff out. Over time if it gets popular enough it becomes mainstream and you end up with a "genre". Some people don't like that because it means a lot music ends up being similar to an extent, some people do like it because of the same reason.

This thread isn't going to change anything, what will is a) producers coming up with new stuff and b) people being willing to go out on a limb and push it at parties. At any point in time something is going to be the mainstream, people are going to be putting out cookie-cutter tracks and labels are going to be flogging them. But I don't think that this has any bearing on any overall "problem" with the techno scene.
    Vote techno party!

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin Zahn
    A) the excess of producers have no clue and/or direction of what they're doing.
    B) they don't understand the long term effect on in the industry when they release shitty records.
    C) most labels and distributors are about as professional as an 8 year old's lemonade stand (don't know if you cats have those in Europe).
    A)Of course there will be an excess of producers, it's quite a few folks dreams to produce there own music and have some nutters jump about the dancefloor to it.
    As for having no clue, are they meant to just pick up a copy of 'how to make astoundingly good techno' from the library and hey presto, your a god damn techno genius. As you know, it doesn't quite work like that. You'll always be letting yourself away with things that you shouldn't. It is your track after all and its a gradual learning process.
    B)They will all be trying to get released on labels, throwing their latest attempt out and seeing what response they get. They obviously don't think to themselves 'that could be ten times better, i better work on that some more' because in their eyes, the track is complete.
    I would blame the labels for releasing shite, not the producer, who obviously thinks its a belter of a track and will be flattered by the thought that someone else thinks it is good enough to be pressed and do it for them.
    C)No i haven't seen any 8 year olds selling lemonade of late, there mostly out smashing stuff up and smoking crack (Joke) :lol:

We'll never have a perfect indusrty, but as long as theres a few folk out there doing thinks right. Other folk can learn and hopefully make things a little better.
    Dirty Bass - Refresh, Glasgow - This Saturday!!

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by massplanck
    Quote Originally Posted by deafmosaic
    easy! you've been on very good behaviour this week!! ;)

BOA Lifetime Member

HAHAHAHAHAHA :lol:

The Demon Beast

[img]http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=laughing/v=2/l=IVS/*-http://www.sourdoughslim.com/images/laughing-slim.jpg[/img]
    Wetworks

The Demon Beast

Quote Originally Posted by spiralx
    *shrug*

Arguments here aren't going to change anything,

This thread isn't going to change anything,

But I don't think that this has any bearing on any overall "problem" with the techno scene.
    Revolutions always start small.
    It seems like there are two different arguments going on.
    One from the fan perspective the other from inside the industry.
    The fan says nuttin wrong, the insider knows his pockets are a lil shy and the quality of releases lately are a lil lackluster. Not a generalization because out of 20 records 5 or 6 are f*cking ill. Yes there is great shit coming out too lately. The dark crew is going to turn heads this year but so are the rest of us with love for the music not our pockets for the music.
    And yes crime I will put to money where the mouth is champ. ;)
    Wetworks

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by SummerOfSam
    I will put to money where the mouth is champ. ;)
    Best way mate... ;)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456