Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
    BOA Lifetime Member

Default scsi , laptops and sampler question anyone?

Does anyone know of anyone who has used a laptop with a usb to scsi converter to connect their laptop to their sampler . i really need to do this but sampler and computer connections over scsi can be temperemental so i was just wondering if anyone had tried it, doesnt matter which sampler just whether anyone got it to work?
    STAR WARS IS ALMOST AS CRAP AS TOLKIEN

BOA Lifetime Member

I use 2 have a usb zip... and a scsi zip attached 2 the sampler.. it was easier and less troublesome. just take de disk from one 2 the other.

I know there were ones that were scsi and parallel at the same time. these were the ones most people use as far as I can recall.
    Other people just had a scisi controller card connected 2 the pc. But there was always prob.s with he boot sector and termination/ IDs etc...

Z
    Djax-Up Beats rec, Minimalistix Rec, Holtzplatten Rec, Invasion Rec, Fined Rec., bla bla bla

BOA Lifetime Member

yeah its hard enough getting scsi to work anyway with samplers let alone with the complication of using a laptop....mark of the unicorn and kontakt here i come. cheers for your help, its a shame all i want to do is shuffle some audio between two devices without using some arcane protocol, my friend has an akai s6000 akai sys software and card in his pc , dont really work properly , its very buggy .if i could use a card it would be no problem, adaptec ones work well with my sampler but because it is a laptop i cant do this , i was hoping i could find someone who had maybe used an usb to scsi converter cable from laptop to sampler succesfully (dont want to waste my money).

BOA Lifetime Member

bro.. the price on a 2nd hand zip usb drive should b dirt cheap!! ;)

Z
    Djax-Up Beats rec, Minimalistix Rec, Holtzplatten Rec, Invasion Rec, Fined Rec., bla bla bla

BOA Lifetime Member

cheers, might have to do it that way, probably less of a headache and i guess i know its going to work ........... i had one on my yamaha sampler a few years ago ....bloody sold it with sampler thanx for advice

BOA Lifetime Member

no biggie I had a yammy A3000 luved it.. but the scsi load time was a nightmare.. I almost had 2 plan ahead when I was going 2 make music lol!

Z

BOA Lifetime Member

yeah i only had floppy for the first two months i had mine :dontevengothere: