Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
    Junior Freak

Default any good bookes on sound design?

so reading about all of these techniques you guys are talking about when you write your pieces has got me really inspired. unfortunately now i dont have ANY gear to play with and im stuck with nothing for a long time. i think in the mean time though ill focus on broadening my knowledge of sound in general. so is there anyone who has a good suggestion for beggining sound design or synthesis books?

-hiro

BOA Lifetime Member

The best source for finding anything about everything is on the web. i-net is better than books, IMO, because it's more up to date than the books are....books are good too, I can't help you with this. I don't know too much about the titles.
    "Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music."
    -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc

Supreme Freak

these are all real good-

sound synthesis and sampling - M. russ -focal press - ISBN 0240514297
    this is the most usefull for you, i would have thought.

digital sound processsing for music and multimedia - R. kirk & A. hunt - focal press - ISBN 0240515064

acoustics and psychoacoustics - D. M. howard and J. angus - focal press - ISBN 0240514289

geek alert

Supreme Freak

The c sound book.