Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.

Thread: Joris Voorn

Ultimate Freak

Default Joris Voorn

I'm not sure if anything was posted of him before...what do you guys think? Personally I think he's one of NL's hottest upcoming artists. His SA001 record was excellent, as was Sino 9 and the upcoming Sino 10 is also solid. I also heard he's doing some stuff for Kanzleramt soon as well.

BOA Lifetime Member

Default Re: Joris Voorn

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin Zahn
    I'm not sure if anything was posted of him before...what do you guys think? Personally I think he's one of NL's hottest upcoming artists. His SA001 record was excellent, as was Sino 9 and the upcoming Sino 10 is also solid. I also heard he's doing some stuff for Kanzleramt soon as well.
    He also did a remix for Heroes X I believe, I wonder is there any Compound or Planet Rhythm EPs on the way from him.. or a track on a Punish All Stars? :lol:

Supreme Freak

him and dave ellesmere are actually the artists in who i put all my hope for the next years

its been over one year that i have so much big hope in them (well of coures i know ellesmere has been into music since several decades) ... and they are both from NL !!

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Sunil
    He also did a remix for Heroes X I believe, I wonder is there any Compound or Planet Rhythm EPs on the way from him.. or a track on a Punish All Stars? :lol:
    Are you sure you're not thinking of Kowalski under his disx3 disguise?

Junior Freak

Just bought SA001 over the weekend after re-listening the b-side... Oh dear, two funky bass warped stormpers.... His live PA I saw two months ago was a bit dull at the start, did pick up with some thumping numbers tho...

He is playing at Awakenings Festi too, which I so look forward to.

Eric.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sunil
    Are you sure you're not thinking of Kowalski under his disx3 disguise?
    oops, it wasn't Heroes, was Patterns.. my mistake. I thought it was an odd one for him to appear on, it was an electro track if I remember correctly, this one http://www.discogs.com/release/168213

Junior Freak

Joris rocks! The Sino stuff is great, my kind of music. I'd like to hear more from him though - has anybody heard him live? I actually like a lot of the music coming from the Netherlands, the EC label has had many fine releases, for example. And of course Steve Rachmad is also from Amsterdam, and he's a mighty fine producer, I totally dig his Ignacio stuff and his "old skool" stuff (think "Thera" on 100% Pure) is excellent too...

Then there's DJAX-UP, Michel De Hey, Secret Cinema, Misjah, Jeroen etc.
    There must be something in the water...
    John Wayne was a nazi

Junior Freak

Saw a live set of his when he played in Dublin and really enjoyed it.