Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    the big pork pie

Default Some bad pressings at Curvepusher?

Just spotted this on Banging Tunes...

http://www.bangingtunes.com/forum/sh...o=&fpart=1

Check it out...

I had a badly pressed Powertools a little while back. A real nasty dent towards the end of one of the tracks. Other copies in the shop I got it from were the same. Anyone else had problems or noticed any damage?

Junior Freak

Yeah there little bastards! Either makes the tune jump or makes the sound dip. Had it with tunes on Routemaster, Cluster , S.U.F and Powertools the A side to my copy of Apex 6 is a shit press

the big pork pie

Nightmare mate. Anyone else noticed any problems with tracks that have been pressed at Curve? I wanna know what causes those little dents. They are proper annoying...

Ultimate Freak

deafmosaic has moved back to mpo if that tells you anything.....

BOA Lifetime Member

i noticed it on a few of alphamagics pressings of late

my promos have coem thru with jagged edges, crackles all over the shop, warped or the paper sleeve had bubbles in

Louk
    Everybody is in the place....! letz go...

BOA Lifetime Member

I think it`s down to bubbles in the vinyl, and some pressing problems down to the machines not being cleaned enough. Mostly little things like this are hard to eliminate.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.
    Does anyone have courage to stand apart any more?

myspace.com/dirtybassgrooves
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtybassvoidloss
    http://www.subgenius.com

Junior Freak

Curvepusher :lol:

Curved Pressings :dontevengothere:

Junior Freak

'or the paper sleeve had bubbles in '

got this for the first time last week and it just happened to be takaakis 'the nightmare continues' on sheep..gutted like! so dodgy trying to mix it in, espec. with those harsh breakbeats..

BOA Lifetime Member

80% of what I buy is off curve with not one problem on any of them - the only bad vinyl I get is floppy ~100g rubbish, normally from Germany, where 3 have had to go back because they too easily skipped the first groove or were warped. I bet failure rates on curve are much lower than other labels for the volume they put out.

Junior Freak

yes thats true! lots of german labels can't pay or don't want to pay a proper mastering. this affects the quality very much! when you compare a record mastered by curvepusher and a record from a standard hard techno label from germany, it's like "PA vs kitchen radio"...

acieeeeeeeeeeeeed

ive had a few lttle bobbles here and there but nothing major, it's usually of a high standard
    Life is "trying things to see if they work"

Finally getting around to updating my site
    http://www.plus27design.co.uk/

Dave knows scooter lyrics

BOA Lifetime Member

ive noticed this as well,i thought it was my needles

Junior Freak

ive seen some bubbles rising in the bath???

but i think thats me.
    Viva La Funky Shitttt!!!!

djmaya@xtra.co.nz

Junior Freak

I know Curved Pressings always press 10% over the required run and then the records are checked individually at plant, with substandard records being discarded. But there's bound to be some mistakes and discrepancies - there always is, with any manufacturing process - doesn't mean that the whole operation is crap, you just got unlucky.

And there will always be a few bad apples, just take them back to the shop, what's the point of bitching about it on the internet, all that will happen is you'll find a few other people who have bought a few bad pressings over the last few months and next thing you know you are convinced that everything coming out is shit and you are all being ripped off...

the big pork pie

I've not said that have I? All I said was I had noticed some flaws & dents. Nearly everything I have bought thats been pressed at Curvepusher has been quality, but I had noticed some bad pressings lately. Dirty Bass pointed out a reason for why that might be & im happy. It wasn't a diss, and I am not complaining that ive been ripped off. I don't think anyone was.

Supreme Freak

as i said on bt - i have still had no prob..

you can't diss curve pusher -doing a grand job overall!- :clap:

Supreme Freak

lawrie just put this on BT :clap: :clap:

hello there, lawrie from curve pusher and curved pressings here. on the whole i believe this discussion is about the pressing plant , not curve pusher .( scratches / warps etc are pressing issues , not cutting / mastering ) the skankadelic cuts mentioned would however be curvepusher. these will be checked , but the customer was happy. on this note also , the engineer that cut those (ashley , (or phase as he called himself),has been sacked as it was noted his cuts were not up to scratch , please excuse the pun). curve pusher has an excellent reputation with a vast array of successful and new artists from all genres accross the world, to vast to go into now . on the warped / scratched issue, ( curved pressings ), the plant endeavours to make sure every record is of an excellent standard. not every single one can be garanteed . i suggest you take the offending record back to the shop who should be more than happy to exchange it for a good one. its your right as a consumer. i hope this clears things up a little.
    lawrie immersion / pounding grooves / curve pusher / curved pressings

the big pork pie

Fair play!

the big pork pie

Rog - I take it your Rog*da*Cunt on Banging Tunes then! :lol: House****er is my user name on there.

Supreme Freak

indeed i am mate - there seemed to be a "good level of language" and "grammer" so i disd'nt want to lower the tone here - not yet anyway.. will set a profile when i have the help.. im a pc setting up spaz'o

The icons here are great!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast