Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Prince Of Warthogs

Default this forum seems to be all about london techno these days

i've just been back through the old messages
    and all i seem to read these days is all about smitten and s.u.f.
    etc etc

that's not so bad but can we expand our minds a little more
    it's getting a bit claustrophobic for me
    love your mum

BOA Lifetime Member

Default Re: this forum seems to be all about london techno these day

Quote Originally Posted by davethedrummer
    etc etc

good point
    STAR WARS IS ALMOST AS CRAP AS TOLKIEN

Junior Freak

Yep, I noticed as well, and I tend to just skim over those posts, which leaves very little reading :(

the big pork pie

Sorry! I like the London sound. Its what I started out listening to & its led me to other forms of techno. Plus I like to support the UK based labels. Not for getting the roots & where it started for me. Sorry that not everyones as interested, but like you've said, if you don't wanna hear about it, don't read it.

BOA Lifetime Member

Yeah man...

I'm not into the acid sound these days, but don't mind readin peoples views on what's goin on right now...
    Numeric

The Demon Beast

Default Re: this forum seems to be all about london techno these day

Quote Originally Posted by davethedrummer
    etc etc

Agreed.
    Wetworks
    Compound, Punish Blue, Mastertraxx

Ultimate Freak

i do spot lots of things about schranz and european stuff too, lars klein etc
    I dont know. You give people freedom and what do the do with it?
    WHATEVER THEY BLOODY WELL LIKE!

Junior Freak

I think it's because a lot of the London techno has a bit of character about it, something that makes it stand out a bit more from a lot of other stuff. That can be from something as in depth as the tunes to something silly like the track titles.

Here's something though - a lot of people start reminiscing and waxing lyrical about the good old days when the music of the current time is stagnating. Could that be the case for a few people here? I have to admit a lot of techno isn't grabbing me in the way it once used to, but I wonder if others feel the same way.

Junior Freak

I agree.

I don't hate london techno. But I preffer to talk about others kind of techno.

Cheers.

Supreme Freak

lets talk then...

I picked up some very off the wall breaks and double beet german techno.. I'm lovin double beat - I don't actually know if this is a genre - but f*ck me its quality!

Also I really have enjoyed the added "parts" of tracks that use to be dj fx's.. like filters/flangers etc - example being max punishment vol2..

Anybody want to talk?!?!

ooooh and Dave.. the reason some people talk of acid techno is.. its still class, and they just discovered it!

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Rog
    lets talk then...

I picked up some very off the wall breaks and double beet german techno.. I'm lovin double beat - I don't actually know if this is a genre - but f*ck me its quality!

Also I really have enjoyed the added "parts" of tracks that use to be dj fx's.. like filters/flangers etc - example being max punishment vol2..

Anybody want to talk?!?!

ooooh and Dave.. the reason some people talk of acid techno is.. its still class, and they just discovered it!
    wow thats pretty un-constructive, lose the attitude! we're all friends here! well most people are, i've yet to find some.....

Junior Freak

i'm new to the forum, but i generally focus on the stuff with a trance structure because i'm not currently playing out, and it's hard to just chuck on straight techno at home and listen to it.

the more looping end of techno has never been my thing, but i love some of the German guys like Kauffelt, Heckmann, and Heil. also really like many of the reborn Phuture Wax tracks.

the first step to gaining interest (for me) is to hear some cracking techno live sets. anyone have some recent sets that are mixed well and have good tunes?

Supreme Freak

quote]
    wow thats pretty un-constructive, lose the attitude! we're all friends here! well most people are, i've yet to find some..... [/quote]

dude - what i ment to Dave was - some people have just discovered acid techno and they are lovin it! :clap:

and if some people want to talk about other techno.. lets do so..

and i did ;)

I am friendly - I appologise if you took my comments wronly :?:

Ultimate Freak

its all si the sigh's fault!!!

BOA Lifetime Member

I think its because BOA label is now in part of the SUF collective - so you buy it then search for 'blackout audio' on the web and bang you are here? So maybe its just a reflection of that???

Nobody seems to like french hardtek at all (not even at -8) - which is a shame! I posted some technival acid which is a dancefloor killer - I've seen everybody jumping about and smiling at me - not one reply.

German stuff generally falls into schranz or experiental- which I think gets alot of coverage.

Ultimate Freak

i'm trying to cause bridges between some of the uk hardtek/breakcore artists and the resot of the world. i used to get a lot from toolboax and expressilon and that was all top.

Rog wrote:
    lets talk then...

Anybody want to talk?!?!

wow thats pretty un-constructive, lose the attitude! we're all friends here! well most people are, i've yet to find some.....[quote]

i didnt read anything unconstructive at all there.
    I dont know. You give people freedom and what do the do with it?
    WHATEVER THEY BLOODY WELL LIKE!

BOA Lifetime Member

People have got to start threads if they wanna talk about something else. I think that Si is doing wonders to get threads going - if you don't like the topic then talk about one that you do. This ain't aimed at you Henry, just a general comment!

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyspeed
    People have got to start threads if they wanna talk about something else. I think that Si is doing wonders to get threads going - if you don't like the topic then talk about one that you do. This ain't aimed at you Henry, just a general comment!
    yep he is,i find it impossible 2 think of a worthwile topic 2 startup :roll:

Ultimate Freak

i have no idea what any of you are on about in this thread.

Junior Freak

aye, me too..surely if there was something worth talking about ppl would post about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast